Monday, August 2, 2010

Falling behind, catching up; Ribs at Nanzie's

I truly meant to get my new recipes finalized in the last two weeks, but so much has happened that I have had to let them slide.  But this week, I hope to revisit and refine them to the point that I am satisfied.
In the meantime, I had a great ribs dinner at Nanzie's house this weekend.  Now, I am a Northerner, so ribs are out of my comfort zone.  I enjoy them but don't make them.  Nanzie's are delicious!  Oh, and she makes fried leeks that I find irresistible!  Maybe we can get her to share her recipe?
I had a very good burger tonight.  It was a riff on a recipe in Food & Wine.  I shredded some Pepper Jack and mixed in a diced Pepperoncini.  I stuffed the burger with this mixture, then moistened the outside with olive oil and sprinkled it with salt & pepper.  Cooked it with the grill on "high" for 6 minutes total, turning once (that's for medium rare; cook to your liking).  Toasted a roll, added sliced tomato from my neighbor's garden, and enjoyed it immensely.  Finally, weather that encourages you to cook -- outside or inside.
I have all the ingredients on hand to rework my Rice and Ham Casserole.  In the next few days, I hope to get it done and then give tasting samples to my local tasters (aka, "victims").

No comments:

Post a Comment