LORRAINE’S CAJUN FRIED RICE
1 t Canola oil
1 C cold cooked white rice made with chicken stock instead of water
1 T Canola oil
1 shallot, thinly sliced
1/3 pkg. frozen peas, defrosted
2-3 oz Tasso, diced to the size of the peas (or other spicy cooked sausage such as Andouille)
1 small carrot, diced to the size of the peas
1/4 red pepper, diced to the size of the peas
2-3 dashes (or more) of Tabasco sauce
1. Heat a wok over high heat. Add the 1 teaspoon of Canola oil. Slightly beat the egg, then add it to the wok. Stir-fry till done, then set aside.
2. Add the 1 T of Canola oil to the hot wok, then add the shallot. Cook briefly, then add the Tasso and cook briefly.
3. Add the peas, carrot and red pepper. Stir-fry about 5 minutes, then add the rice.
4. Stir-fry all ingredients until heated through. Return egg to wok and heat briefly. If mixture is too dry, add a little water.
5. When finished, stir in Tabasco to taste.