Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Premier Wine and Spirits -


On February, 17, 2010, I went out with a co worker and friend, Barb to Premier Wine and Spirits, a wine and liquor store off Limestone Road. Yes, this is a late posting, say a whole month late, but I want to get it out today because I am going back tonight. OK, so I’m going to a liquor store. Really this one is really fun. Great wine tasting! Wednesday Nights are Ladies Nights, but men show up as well. They have light hors d'oeuvre and great wines. My friend barb introduced me to two of her friends Bridget and Suzann, fun and out going ladies and of course I told them about the DeDiningDivas and that I would be posting something on the site about our get together. I think they are tired of waiting. I will be seeing them tonight so I have to get this posted to save face.
So what did we have? We started with a series of Sauvignon Blancs.
- Sauvignon Blanc from Bonterra Vineyards a California wine and one of the few certified organic wines in the country. We all agreed that this was really nice.
- Sauvignon Blanc – From New Zealand Matua, a nice zippy citrusy touch to the palate
- Sauvignon Blanc Chateau St Michelle – this one was well liked by all of us and we all felt this would go well with seafood, a couple of us thought of scallops. It had a hint of vanilla which was kind of nice. I actually bought a bottle of this. This wine was from Washington State.
- Then we moved to a Chardonnay another Bonterra vineyard wine. I especially liked this one and bought it as well. Very tasty aged in American and French oak, but not overly oaky, which I prefer. It had a nice balance between the oak and an apple-citrus flavor. We also thought it was a little spice too.
- A Rose from Bonterra was next in line, this was very mellow and we all felt that it would be a nice wine and that it would not interrupt any meal a nice drinkable wine.
Bonterra was sort of a feature wine during the evening and there was a representative there from Bonterra, Joe. He was the one that brought to my attention that this was an organic wine and is quite proud of it. I was surprised at how good these wines were.

I have to also mention Mia the hostess behind the wine bar. What fun. She really likes this job, I can see why, who wouldn’t. Serving wine and understanding what people like, she has a real knack for figuring out what you would like if you describe to her your taste in wine. You have to go here to meet her. Bet you will not walk out of there with only one bottle of wine! I bought 6.

Two more wines and I head home the others stayed, I think until the event was over at 9:00.
- Rosa Regale and Banefi wine a sparkling Dolce. A nice sparkling champagne like wine from Italy
- And finally a Moscato D’asti which reminded me of an ice wine. Ok,I said only two more wines… Mia would not let me go with out trying a dessert wine that others before us were raving about… It is a product of Holland and a really classy name … ChocoVine. Don’t let the name of this wine turn you off. It is great. A taste of dutch chocolate and fine red wine. I bought a bottle and plan to serve it as an after dinner dessert wine Easter dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment