Sunday, November 1, 2009

White Gazpacho and This Months's Dining Plans

November 1, 2009

During dinner last month we mentioned a White Gazpacho, this piqued our interest and the very next morning I happened to be looking at my September issue of Martha Stewart’s Living magazine, and there was a whole article on Gazpachos one being a recipe for the white Gazpacho with the almonds as was mentioned by Linda. Lorraine went on line looking for gazpacho recipes as well. Linda noticed that the recipes that Lorraine found had a white gazpacho recipe too. So we each decided to make it. Since I have never had it before I thought my husband and I would try it before sharing it. Must have been good he had two bowls. But the true test would be to have the person who had the “real thing” critique it. So with that in mind I marched a bowl down to Linda’s house and another over to Lorraine’s. Wishing Nancy lived closer so I could have bestowed some to her as well. Next time I will plan this better, and take her a sample to her as I leave from work. It will be interesting to see what they think. And I am looking forward to tasting Linda’s recipe. Nothing like putting the pressure on - - or am I just asking for a free lunch?!

Heading into the holiday season we are all so busy, but not too busy that we are not going to plan our next restaurant ventures. We decided that these two months we are going to focus on Sunday buffets. Seems that the group is into a descriptive animal theme, so we are going to do the buffet at Krazy Kats in November and the Blue Parrot in December.

Watch for future review on the best gazpacho recipe. If one of the recipes is a hit then we will post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment